In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in the Peak District.
Please contact us if you have a question or wish to make a booking.
Ringehay Farm Holiday Cottages Information
The Barn is a three bedroom, self-catering cottage sleeping up to six people and cot, with two first floor en-suite double rooms and one ground floor twin / double room, a ground floor shower room, dining kitchen, lounge and dining room.
The Dairy is a two bedroom, self catering cottage sleeping up to four people and cot. Both en-suite bedrooms are on the first floor, with the dining kitchen and lounge on the ground floor.
The Granary is a three bedroom self catering cottage sleeping up to 6 people and cot, with one ground floor twin/double bedroom and 2 first floor bedrooms, one twin/double and one double, all bedrooms are ensuite. Dining kitchen, lounge and entrance hall are all on the ground floor.
- We have a website and are listed on www.premiercottages.co.uk.
- Enquiries can also be made by telephone and email.
- The nearest bus service is in Cheddleton, 3 miles away.
- The nearest train station is Congleton, 8 miles away, or Stoke-on-Trent, 9.5 miles away.
- The nearest town is Leek, 4.5 miles away by car. There is no footpath for most of the distance.
- We accept grocery deliveries. Please advise us of requirements.
- The Barn is wheelchair accessible. We provide a threshold ramp and shower chair for use in the ground floor shower room.
- The nearest mobility shop is Ableworld, Stoke-on-Trent (telephone 01782 205901).
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Ringehay Cottages are approached via a 530 metre sloping driveway.
- There is designated parking for four cars immediately outside the cottages.
- There is easy access to all sides of vehicles and space to open doors fully on all sides, when parked.
- The paths to the cottage entrances are tarmac. There are no kerbs. There are no steps between the car parking and the entrances.
- To access The Barn, there is a 2.4 metre, tarmac, downward slope 1.3 metres wide with stone walling to each side. There is no slope / ramp to The Dairy entrance, and the car park is level with the entrance. The Granary has a slight gradual slope from the level tarmac car park round to all entrance doors.
- Guests are met personally on arrival and assistance with luggage is always available on arrival and departure.
- A tour of the cottages and facilities is offered to all guests.
- The Barn is suitable for wheelchair users with a carer, and is accessible by three separate doors. Each door way has a single 3 1/2 inch threshold step. Two are inward opening stable type doors and one is an outward opening double width French style door at which we provide a threshold ramp suitable for wheelchair use. The ground floor is all on one level with no steps or ramps. All ground floor rooms have solid flagstone floors, except the shower room which has a textured, non-slip floor covering. The shower room is wheelchair accessible, with pedestal free basin, over head shower and separate hand held shower head, a shower chair can be provided. There is transfer space at one side of the w.c. There are no grab rails.
- The ground floor bedroom can be twin or double and access to beds is possible from either side of a wheelchair. Two further en-suite bedrooms are on the first floor. This is reached by an 11 step flight of stairs. The stair case and upstairs floor are exposed wood.
- The Dairy is accessible via three separate doors. Two are inward opening stable type doors with a 4 inch threshold step and one is an inward opening solid door, from a lawned garden, with two stone steps. There are no hand rails at this door. The ground floor is all on one level, there are no steps between ground floor rooms. Both en-suite bedrooms are on the first floor. This is reached by a 12 step flight of stairs. The stair case and upstairs floor are exposed wood.
- The Granary is accessible by three separate doors, one into the lounge with a 7" step, one into the entrance hall with a 3" step and one stable type into the kitchen with an 8" step. All open inwardly. There are no hand rails at any doors. The ground floor is on 2 levels, the bedroom and entrance hall area are on one level with three 7" steps up to the lounge and kitchen area. The lounge and kitchen area are level with no steps between them.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, etc
- There is an interconnecting door between The Barn and The Dairy, at the end of the first floor landings, for when cottages are booked as one unit. This is a self closing lever handled, fire door, outward opening from The Barn with a six inch step down into The Dairy and vice versa from The Dairy into The Barn. The landings are well lit, with smooth exposed wooden floors. The Granary is a detached building with flagstone floors throughout the ground floors and exposed oak floor boards throughout the first floor.
Public Areas - Sitting Room, Lounges, Lobbies, etc
- There is an interconnecting door between The Barn and The Dairy in the lounges for when both cottages are booked as one unit. The door is a lever handled, self-closing fire door, outward opening from The Barn with one eight inch step down into The Dairy, and vice versa from The Dairy into The Barn. The rooms are well lit and both floors are uncarpeted flagstone.
- The laundry is 10 metres from The Barn and 30 metres from The Dairy and The Granary, access is across a tarmac forecourt. There is one 3 inch threshold step up into the laundry. The floor inside is flagstone and level. The machines are all front loading and of standard domestic machine height. Help is available on request.
- There is a lawned garden at each cottage. The Barn garden is accessed via a gravelled area approximately 4 metres wide. The Dairy garden can be accessed either via a gravelled area approximately 5 metres wide or directly from the cottage via a doorway from the lounge. There is a step down on to the flagstone patio from this door. The Granary garden can be accessed directly from the kitchen door. There is an 8" step down onto a flagstone patio from this door.
- There are outside lights at all doorways to the cottages.
- Full information guides inside each cottage. These can be provided in larger font if required.
*There are no plans to alter any aspect of any of the cottages at present or in the immediate future.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. Please contact us if you have any comments or concerns.
Updated 2 June 2015