In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in the Peak District.
Please contact us if you have a question or wish to make a booking.
Ringehay Farm Holiday Cottages Information
If you are travelling on the A52 from Ashbourne:
If you are travelling on the A523 from Macclesfield:
- Continue from Ashbourne and pass through Mayfield & Swinscoe. A distance after Swinscoe, the road (A52) bears right on to the A523 to Leek.
- Continue on the A523 through Waterhouses & Winkhill towards Leek, looking for brown tourist information signs for Coombes Valley RSPB Reserve and the Bradnop sign on the left.
- Immediately before the Bradnop sign, take a left turn into the lane signed for Coombes Valley RSPB Reserve. The lane is un-named.
- Continue along the lane for approx 1.7 miles. We are on your right and the name 'Ringehay Farm' is set into the stone wall at the entrance to the farm.
- Turn right through the entrance gates and follow the left-hand drive down to the property.
If you are travelling on the M6 to Stone:
- Continue from Leek on the A523 to Ashbourne for approx 3 miles.
- Look for the brown tourist information signs for Coombes Valley RSPB Reserve.
- Turn right into the lane signed for Coomes Valley Reserve. The lane is un-named.
- Continue along the lane for approx 1.7 miles. We are on your right as per the above directions.
- At Stone, take the A520 to Leek. Continue on the A520 through Meir, Cellar Head and Wetley Rocks on to Cheddleton.
- At the mini roundabout in Cheddleton, take the second right exit on to Basford Bridge Lane and continue down to the bottom, passing the Boat Inn (your local!) on your right.
- Cross the bridge and cross over the level crossing to the T junction.
- At the junction, turn right, then continue along the lane, passing the first turn left, until you reach the next junction. This is an odd, almost crossroads junction, as the left turn appears to go up rather than turn left. At this junction, take the left turn signed for Bradnop. The lane is un-named.
- Continue for approximately 9/10ths of a mile.
- We are on your left, with the name 'Ringehay Farm' set into the stone wall at the entrance to the farm. Take the left track.